Located in the heart of Brooklyn, The Brooklyn Hospital Center's Emergency Medicine residency gets you ready for just about anything.
keeping brooklyn healthy
Brooklyn Hospital Center Emergency is composed 32 EM residents, 15 full time faculty and 3 administrative assistants. We are academically affiliated with the Icahn School of Medicine at Mt. Sinai Medical Center, and we are in the Fort Greene neighborhood near downtown Brooklyn.
About the Hospital & Emergency Department
TBHC is a 464 bed full-service teaching hospital in downtown Brooklyn
- Academically affiliated with the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai.
- High levels of acuity from which to manage critically ill patients in the acute setting
- Designated as a Regional Stroke Center
- Manages medical team for the Barclay’s Center and Citi Field events
- Serves approximately 70,000 patients per year
- Collaborates closely with Internal Medicine for continuity of care and preventive health efforts of population
Our program is located in the heart of Brooklyn, which allows our residents to live anywhere in NYC and enjoy all the fruits of this wonderful metropolis.