Apply to Brooklyn EM
Applications to the Residency Training Program in Emergency Medicine are accepted only through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) from the NRMP. If interested in applying, you should contact your medical school Dean’s office regarding the appropriate procedure.
All scores and evaluations must be sent through the ERAS system. Rarely and only upon our request, will we accept direct correspondence from your medical schools. We do not accept grades and/or evaluations directly from applicants. The decision to accept other material independent of the ERAS system is at the sole discretion of the program director.
Applications are reviewed in the autumn of each academic year and interview notification is sent via email through the ERAS system. We only accept applicants through the NRMP for our EM1 positions. While the dates vary each year, our program usually adheres to the following timeline:
- September-January: Application Review and Issue Interview Requests
- November-February: Interviews
- February: Rank Order List Compiled and Submitted to NRMP
- March: NRMP Match
- USMLE 1 and 2 scores
- Medical School Transcript
- 3 Letters of Recommendation (Academic Emergency Medicine Physicians recommended)
- Dean's Letter
- For all application and program related questions, you can contact the residency coordinator Ms. Yolanda Hayes at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have questions specifically for residents you can email us at email@example.com